Mathematics Curriculum Specialist
Mathematics Curriculum Specialist, Durham, NC Office
We are an education company seeking a full-time Mathematics Curriculum Specialist. CASE Assessments provides benchmark assessments and a test item bank for school districts in Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. We are seeking a math specialist to develop Common Core and state standards assessment products for delivery in print and online.
This mathematics curriculum specialist position is a full-time position in our Durham, NC office. At this time, we will not be considering applicants unable to work in the Durham office.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics and/or education with a focus on mathematics
- Mastery of mathematical content knowledge relevant to teaching experience
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience as a certified classroom teacher
- Strong command of Common Core Standards
- Demonstrated aptitude for writing and reviewing summative assessment items for Common Core content
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, primarily Word and Excel
- In addition to professional knowledge, the candidate should have:
- The ability to work well in a group
- The ability to be a critical thinker who is able to give and receive constructive feedback on assessment products
- The ability to work under deadlines by prioritizing and organizing work effectively
- The ability to work in a flexible, dynamic environment
- Preference may be given to a candidate with more teaching experience and/or with additional experience writing mathematics items for use in print and online educational platforms.
- Preference may be given to a candidate with strong content knowledge of Elementary through Algebra I/Math I math curriculum.
- Preference may be given to a candidate with additional experience using graphics software (e.g., Microsoft Paint and/or Adobe Illustrator).
- Preference may be given to a candidate with a Master’s Degree in mathematics or education or with National Board Certification.